Baby Boy Blue Quilt!

I'm in the middle of three baby quilts.  The first one was this "Baby Boy Blue".

I made this for a young mom that I work with.  She said her nursery was in brown and blue.  (Brown must be popular right now - the one I'm working on now is brown, orange and pink).

I chose the easy "Trip Around the World" pattern.  It's always quick and makes a durable quilt - which you need for a little boy!

The backing was my inspiration piece but I only used a little bit of it on the front.  It reminded me of Florida with the turtles, butterflies and insects on the back.  I really thought it would be the border but it just didn't seem to be the right choice when it all came together.

My border choice was one of the Civil War reproduction fabrics - LOVE them!
I used a very simple quilt stitch in blue - diagonal through the blocks - and free motion in the border. (The color in this photo isn't a good representation.)

This was a fun quilt to make.  Hope this makes a little boy very comfy!


Comments

Unknown said…
We can make that happen - as long as you keep your end!

Popular Posts