ORANGE you glad I finished Baby Quilt #2? (ha ha - couldn't resist)

Nursery Colors - Orange and brown with touches of pink.

I made this quilt for a new baby soon to be born to precious young couple.  I work with the husband and wanted to do something for them because they are so nice and adding their 2nd daughter to their family.  Mom is quite creative and has her own blog you may want to visit (www.twogirlsbeingcrafty.blogspot.com).  I asked her to give me a starting point (you know, color, her style, etc.).  She said the nursery would be in shades of orange and brown with touches of pink.  She said she really liked "eclectic" things and loved "any kind of scrap quilt".  I knew almost immediately I wanted to do a double pinwheel.  I started with pink center pinwheels and shades of orange for the larger pinwheels.  I intended to do a brown border (the brown fabric with orange pinwheels), but changed my mind and went for a more scrappy look by adding the brown into the pinwheels.  And being Marsha, I had to add a touch of red in the small, inner border.

I used a cotton batting and quilted the entire thing with free motion stippling.  Just like the wind blowing those pinwheels around!


Well, Mom and Dad loved it!  And that pleased me.  This baby's older sister said the baby might go potty on the quilt and I said that was ok, it could be washed!

I really had fun making this quilt!  I finished up the quilt with a simple label.  I wrote the baby's name and added the words "Jesus love you".  Didn't see any reason to add my name.  If this little one sees Jesus' name each time she uses this quilt, I'll be thrilled!  Besides, can anyone of us be told too many times that Jesus loves us?

Jesus loves you!


Comments

Popular Posts