Early in the morning....

I'm thanking the Lord for a new day, a day off, a wonderful Christmas, His Word, a new Bible study soon and a visit from our Ukrainian daughter in just a few days.  I woke up around 5 am and thought about going back to sleep - it's been a busy week and I've used every bit of energy I had.  But, I knew if I chose sleep, I would be sacrificing something I wasn't willing to give up.  I knew Jesus was waiting for me as He has every morning for many years.  There's something about the morning, a cup of coffee, my Bible and Jesus that is better than anything else I might choose to do first thing each day.

This post isn't about right and wrong times to seek God - for heaven's sake - just seek Him with a whole heart!  But, I've learned that there is something unique about my mornings that can't be said about the rest of the day.  Over and over, God has confirmed and used things throughout the day that He gave me in the morning.  Who would I not have had a word for had I not been with Him early in the day?  And, what would I fail to see about myself that might keep me from being available if I didn't seek Him in the morning?

I'm not always faithful to spend quality time with the Lord early in the morning.  But, I give Him as much time as I can.  If I only give Him 5 minutes, He multiples it when that 5 minutes is genuinely seeking Him.

My challenge today was choosing not sacrificing the early morning with the Lord to sleep and letting my day slip away while I got much needed rest.  How about you?  How did you start your day?

Scriptures to ponder for yourself about the early morning:
Mark 1:35
Psalm 46:5
Psalm 90:14
Lamentations 3:23

Mine for today - Psalm 5:3 - "In the morning, O Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation".

Comments

Popular Posts