Unbearable heat

It's another HOT day in Kiev. Yesterday we broke all recorded high temps on that date in history. And today is a repeat!

We do have an ac in the living room, but we have to close off all the other rooms to use it AND it doesn't work that great. I try to get as much work done as possible by noon or 1:00 because after that it just gets unbearable!

I realized that I'm not dealing with the heat as well as I could - most likely because I know this is my last summer here. (Yes, I'll be moving to Florida, but this isn't about Florida). I've learned that I deal better with things when I know the situation is just part of my life ... not just at the moment, but indefinitely. When I realize that I'm only dealing with this for now, it seems worse. I know that seems to be the reverse of logical, but it's how I feel.

I struggle with complaining when I know things are temporary. When they aren't likely to change, my mind accepts the difficult situations more quickly. Knowing that things are changing, whether we wanted it to or not, makes it harder to deal with the unpleasant things. I guess we all just look for some place to vent our frustrations. The heat is an obvious direction of attack!

So, today I deal with the heat. It's almost 11 am and I'm sitting here with fan blowing on me and sweat literally rolling down my back and pooling on my face! It makes work or fun much more difficult.

Time to take another stab at the cleaning. Only a bit to go - regardless of the heat.

Stay cool.....if you can!

Comments

Popular Posts