Got a good recipe?

We have lots of guests in and out of our apartment. I try to make sure all our guests have at least one home-cooked meal each day. And I have some good recipes that I've made ingredient substitutions for, but I get tired of the same thing over and over. I would love a good recipe that's easy .... can even be from the crock pot (I have one thanks to some good friends who brought me one from Budapest). Dessert recipes would be good too.

Some of the ingredients listed below have been brought to me by Americans - but I have to use them very sparingly! Others on the list are things that I have some substitutions for - but not necessarily good ones.

What my recipe should not require:
Canned soups - nothing like that here
Dry salad dressing packets
Sharp Cheddar Cheese - Not here!
Medium Cheddar Cheese - Not here!
Mild Cheddar Cheese - Not as we know it!
Velveeta Cheese - won't be here for years!
American Cheese
Cake flour - we have to make our own
Corn starch - if it's here I can't find it
Stuffing Mix - although I can make a homemade version
Creamed Corn
Brown sugar
Syrup, Karo Syrup, Corn Syrup or Molasses
Whipped Cream - except home made
Jello - we have a version, but not good!
Yellow Prepared Mustard
canned milk (except sweet condensed which we have plenty of)
Tobasco sauce - we have it here but way too expensive for us
Sweet potatoes (canned or whole - we have seen whole ones on occasion)
Instant Pudding
Cake mix
Refrigerator rolls or biscuits
Crisco
Cool Whip
Graham crackers
Peanut Butter
Vanilla Wafers
Bottle dressings

If you have a recipe to share without any of these things, I would love to have it!









Comments

Popular Posts