Prayer Journaling - Want to join me?

I LOVE notebooks! Maybe  because I write in a lot of them.  Maybe because they are beautiful.  Maybe because I love watching my thoughts go down with pen on paper to reflect on from time to time.  Since my work schedule is now something I can control, I'm finding I have more time to sit and pray rather than grab bits of time as my job allowed and I'm missing my old prayer notebook.  I want the Scripture and documentation of prayers like before but I don't want the structure of my old notebook. At times it made me feel like a simple heart-spoken prayer was not enough.  Experience has taught me that wasn't true.  My Heavenly Father loves to hear whats on my heart!  So, I'm putting together a journal type prayer notebook to list specific prayer needs just like my old notebook.  I'll continue to journal in my regular journals (yes I have multiples at one time - my own system and it works for me).  But, I am going to tie this notebook more to praying the Word.

Of course there are lots of options online.  I found a couple of young moms with journals similar to what I used to use and it saddened me a bit.  I wondered if they are able to stay focused on the Spirit's leading and not get caught up in what they were writing as if checking off a to-do list.  I look back and see so many ways that my organization of things sometimes took over the actual "thing" I wanted to focus on.  Organization is helpful and that's why I'm doing a new prayer journal.  But, time and maturity have taught me it is a tool to guide my prayers, nothing more. It won't take the place of real conversation with God.

I would love to have others join me setting up something to help me be even more focused in prayer.  Would you like to join me?

First things first - I'm taking some time to begin my journal with attributes and names of God and Scriptures where you find them. No better way to start your prayer time than by verbally affirming the truth of God's character.

Jumping in - let me know if you decide to join me!

Comments

Popular Posts