Letting My Man Be

Well, it's Saturday morning.  Tim just returned by train from Odessa this morning after 3 whirlwind days of activity.  Good activity, I might add!  He was sweet and brought us Fresh McMuffins and Lattes for breakfast.  (Who would ever have thought that Mc Donald's would be a treat - but it is! The Fresh McMuffins are a cross between a McMuffin and a Cheeseburger.  It has lettuce, tomato and mayonnaise on it.)  After a long night on a train, preceded by 3  busy days of work, Tim is tired.  But, we have another long day ahead.  He took a quick power nap of 30 minutes and is now in the shower preparing for the day ahead.

We are assisting at Central Baptist today with an outreach to people involved in the military community - past and present.  We work with some amazing people. Even more amazing is realizing than many of them worked as Soviet Military against us years ago!  Now, through Christ we are brothers and sisters!  (Only God can do that!)

Being here has truly been an adventure.  But, it's been much more about learning about us and our relationship with God.  I wish I had time to sit with a cup of coffee and talk about all we've learned.  But, one lesson I've learned that I wish I could share with many women is what God does with the men in our lives when we back off and let Him work!

I've been humbled as I've watched God work in Tim's heart and life.  There were many years that Tim felt he was supporting my ministry, and he was glad to do it.  But, since we've been here, Tim has seen God use him in ways he never imagined.  God has taken a business man from America and shown him how He wants to change this country through men and women in business.  When I think about the contacts Tim has made, it confirms that God is doing it.  He's connected with people that would not have come across his path except that God sent them.  Tim works tirelessly too.  I often tell him that he doesn't know how to step away from his work and relax.  But, then I'm reminded that our life is for the Lord's use - 24/7.  

Ladies, some of you may feel that you are the spiritually stronger person in your marriage. And maybe you have more Bible knowledge than your spouse.  But, God ordained an order of authority that has never changed.  And it's a good order, it's beneficial.  It's for our good!  It's actually very freeing to see how God established authority between a man and woman and their God.  No one has a "better" position, but we sometimes act like they do.  As women, we have been seeking to be satisfied through the wrong things since God told Eve she would "desire" her husband.  I don't think the desire is sexual in nature.  I think women have wanted to be in charge, run the show and take the lead - that's the desire I'm talking about.  Yes, I know some of you are getting "hot under the collar" right now.  But, God said it.  I didn't.  I'm sharing what I've learned - personally taught to me by the Lord.

For years, either I took the lead or Tim and I shared the lead.  Now, he leads and I'm FREE to follow.  That means Tim has assumed the responsibility to stand before God for us.  Don't take me wrong - I have a ministry.  And, my ministry is so much bigger than me - I don't need to be taking on Tim's role or I'll never get my ministry done.  And Tim and I make decisions together, small decisions and serious decisions.  But, in the end, Tim makes the final decision.

I am so proud of Tim that I could bust at times.  He's a precious man.  He's committed his life and his ways to the Lord.  And, the Lord is using him in ways we never imagined.  He doesn't need me to tell him what God wants, for heaven sakes, he has a relationship with God and I can trust the Holy Spirit to speak to him.  Praise God for men who seek Him and obey Him.  

As I studied Mark 14 today and read about the woman with the alabaster jar, I wondered how long I kept things in my spiritual "jar", not willing to pour them out before the Lord.  You know what I mean, those "things, people, or situations" that were so precious to me that I couldn't imagine living without them.  Those things that we were saving for our future use, you know - the good stuff.  Ladies, open that jar of yours and break it before your Lord.  Give Him the things that are most precious to you.  Give Him your husband.  You'll be amazed at how precious the gift will be to Him!  Then sit back and let your husband be the man God meant for him to be.  For some, that may mean moving out of the way.  Whatever it takes, whatever God asks, it will be worth it!


Comments

The Howards said…
Thank so much for this Marsha. How easily this order can be obscured and reversed! Especially with a personality like mine! We pray daily to not allow that to happen. And it is freedom to get behind my man! Such freedom!
Tammy said…
Oh, this was so good. I am learning this very thing and it was an encouragement to read. It IS hard to not take over and try to lead my husband. My motherly instinct jumps ahead of my faith that God will make him the man He wants him to be. Forgive me,Lord, and move me out of the way so You can work.

Popular Posts