FORCED!

Yesterday I was forced to do something that I did NOT WANT TO DO! Don't you hate when you're confronted with things that you just absolutely do not want to do? Especially when you've known it was needed for a long time!

Tim had multiple meetings yesterday. Not all of them were at the apartment, but they started here. I made a cake that would take care of refreshments for every meeting and got all my quilting things ready in the back room. I could leave the men on their own and finally - quilt! I put on my very favorite outfit which consists of old yoga pants (no I don't do yoga - I wear them for comfort) and a very old and worn LL Bean sport shirt. The shirt has been in need of repair for a long time. The underwire in my old b*a (sorry for any guys reading this) had worn holes under each arm of the shirt. And the band of each sleeve was in need of repair to the point that one of them is almost unattached completely. Tim has suggested I repair this shirt multiple times. But, it's my "comfort" shirt. Any change would have changed how it felt when I had it on. It had been softened by washings over time. It was perfect! Well, Tim's first meeting was with a good friend and he brought his wife. I love her! She is precious! And, of course I joined the meeting. I had to walk through the living room with my "comfortably worn very old and hole-ridden shirt" to get to the bedroom to change into something more appropriate. Was a good meeting, but now on to the "forced"....

....that unexpected meeting made me realize I had to repair the holes in the shirt. FORCED ME TO DO SOMETHING I SHOULD HAVE ALREADY DONE. So, I headed for the machine. I tried to find a way to repair the holes without making it too obvious - but that was impossible. I repaired as many of the holes as I could. Now my blue, soft, well-worn "comfort" shirt is CHANGED! No holes, but changed! I would never have repaired it had I not been forced to do that through circumstances.

I hate that! I hate to be forced to do anything! Even when things are torn and ragged. Even when I'm convicted that I've grown comfortable with a particular sin or attitude (still sin). We are so much better off when we deal with things when the first hole or sin appears! If we wait until we're forced, it's harder to give up what we've grown comfortable with.

Guess I'll deal with the things that I have set aside for repair. Don't want to be forced again!

Comments

Popular Posts