2012 - Are we there yet?

"Are we there yet?"  You know how kids always ask how long it's going to take to get to your location on a trip?  That's kind of how I've felt with my life this last 6 months.  We've always had one more thing, then another, then another before we could really settle in and start our life over here in the states.  Like we just hadn't arrived yet.  But finally, I'm beginning to feel settled.

Settled - what does that mean anyway?  To me, it means:

  • We've found a church home and are really feeling free to be ourselves there.
  • We're had our first holiday in our new home - with our kids here!!!!!
  • And, the distractions in my life have been minimized to the point that designs for quilts are forming in my mind.  There are 3 spinning around in my head.  First is a red, white and blue double wedding ring for Tim and I.  Second is a baby gift.   And, the third one .... well it could go in one of two directions.
I'm always looking for inspiration and Florida gives me lots of inspiration.  But, today I ran across an old blog entry from a site I love and BAM....inspiration.  Here's a link if you want to check it out.  http://fabricfun-everythingquilts.blogspot.com/search/label/quilting

2012 WE'RE HERE!

Comments

Popular Posts