Next ........ And a few thoughts from this week.

After a really busy week, I finally got back to work on the new project.  As you can see I've cut the strip sets into 2 1/2 " strips (ok, so you can't see the size).  I've given you a big hint .... I divided the strips into 2 groups.  One group goes from blue to red and the other goes from red to blue .... or it will in time.   Any ideas yet?

And a few of my thoughts from this week ....
1)  Everyone is tempted to do what we want to do rather than what we are responsible to do.  Yes, I mean responsible.  We live in a generation that has accepted the idea that we should only have to do what we want to.  BULL!  I'd much rather sew every night than come home from work and cook dinner, wash clothes, clean the house, etc. Those are my responsibilities.  Sewing is my pleasure.  If I choose to do what I want to my life becomes much more expensive and messy!  If I don't cook - it's either fast food or eating out ... $$$$.  If I don't clean, I don't even like to be at home!  Responsibility ... it's a good thing!

2)  We all have some type of influence.  It may be at work or in your neighborhood.  May be in your church or in your school.  We need to take the influence we've been given very seriously.  We can influence positively or negatively.  Ask yourself what kind of influence are you?  And do we really need more negative influence anyway?

3)  If we really don't care what others think, we won't need to explain ourselves.  Period!

4)  If we care what Jesus thinks, we'll be responsible in everything we do.  We'll guard the influence we have been given and we'll always remember we want people to see Christ in us.  Lastly, we won't need to worry about what other people think when we're sure He is pleased with us!

  

Comments

Pam said…
Love the colors in the quilt!!!!! Simply beautiful!!!!!! Love your thoughts to. Much needed to hear/read. Miss you terribly. If you are ever up this way, please let me know. Maybe during the summer we could meet somewhere half way for a weekend outing.....love you...keep writing.
Pam

Popular Posts