Celebrating with our Team

Today was a special day for those of us who are based out of Kiev.  We met at our office and had a worship time together and then took time to fellowship over lunch and Christmas treats.  There were about 40 of us (+- a few).  We sang Christmas songs and carols (many of them).  We seemed to sing every Christmas song I knew.  I chuckled a bit until I remembered how hard it is every week going to church and not understanding a word - even the songs. To hear those American voices singing those songs was a blessing!   The young college students who had returned home for Christmas led our music.  Two of our young coworkers led a time with the little ones for a Bible story and special song.  We lit candles one person at a time as we sang solemn Christmas songs.  People from all over the US knit together by God's call on their lives celebrating as family who live and work abroad.

I won't lie to you, this is a tough time of the year.  Honestly, Tim gets along much better than I do.  While I don't struggle, I must admit it's hard at times.  When I consider that my children will be making new traditions without me, that's tough.  When I think that Christmas will come and go and there will be no phone call to my Dad, that's painful.   When my birthday comes with no family and friends to head out to a local restaurant with, it will be lonely.  But, life does go on.   Things change.  We make new traditions and memories.  It may be tough - but I wouldn't miss it for anything.







Comments

Anonymous said…
We miss you guys too!

Popular Posts