Now I know I have a problem!

I've gotten used to people looking at me like I'm crazy - but now, I may have to agree with them.  Yes, that's Buzz Lightyear you see next to this entry.  And, for the last four days, he has been the only one around here to talk to.  Well, it started out as a joke.  Tim brought Michael Alan's Buzz home to repair while he was in Budapest.  Buzz has been on Tim's desk for weeks.  I started talking to him Sunday night as a joke with myself.  Well, I realized a few minutes ago - that the joke was on me.  I found myself picking Buzz up and heading to the front door saying, "Well Buzz, you'll have to go home tomorrow.  Michael Alan is coming back.  I'm going to leave you here by the door so we won't forget you when we head out tomorrow."  I really said that whole thing to this 3" toy!  (And no, I didn't expect him to answer.)

The hardest thing about not being able to communicate with people is the loneliness!  I can't imagine what it must be like for single Ms.  We have email, vonage, Magic Jack and cell phones - but we still get lonely when there is no one to talk to.

I was reminded today that some people have no one to talk to because they are in situations that are too hard to share with others.  I wrote a young lady who is in one of those situations and told her I would be a "safe place" if she needed it.  I, too, went through a time in my life when things were so difficult I couldn't share with anyone.  To share would have meant telling others things that were too hard and that were about people I loved dearly.  No matter how much I was hurting, I still wanted to protect those I loved.

We all need a safe place.  But, what is a safe place for believers?  Is it a place to "dump" everything?  Is it a place "to say anything about those who have hurt us"?  Is it a place where our feelings will be the priority?

I don't think those describe a safe place at all.  I believe a safe place for believers is a place where people will sympathize with our pain, cry with us at times, but always point us back to the only one who can see us through - to Jesus!

I was reminded of Romans 5:8. "God demonstrates his own love for us in this:  While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."   While we were still sinners!  A safe place is with one who remembers both the justice and love of God.  If I want to be a safe place for someone, I have to point them to Christ - even when every emotion in my mind and heart says otherwise.   If I am to be a safe place, I'll be willing to say the things they need to hear - not what they want to hear.  I'll be constantly pointing them back to Jesus.

Well, Buzz Lightyear's motto is "to infinity and beyond".  It's not a bad one if it we focus on the WHO that is "infinity and beyond".  Praise God that He is infinite - He is beyond our wildest imagination.  HE IS!

Comments

Popular Posts