WELCOME TO MARSHA's MINUTES

This is my first post on my new blog - and I hate to start with complaining - but lettuce is up to $4.50 a head!  (YIKES)  Well, with winter setting in I guess I'll have to get used to higher prices.  Maybe Tim and I can do a head of lettuce/month - what do you think?

I just got home from 12 days with a precious group of ladies from the U.S.  We had a great time and I could share several things - but for now, I'll share what happened last Tuesday night.

It was damp and there was a little rain so the fog came in with the night at the retreat center outside Kiev.  Linda (another M), Shelby & Karen (2 of the ladies from the group) and myself went out to buy food for the ladies to have as a snack when they left on Friday.  We did just fine getting to the store.  The problem occurred when we started back.  You've probably guessed it - the fog had settled!  None of us had ever been to that retreat center before.  And only one of us spoke Russian (although the street signs were in Ukranian).  Well, we missed our turn, but recognized that we did.  We turned around as soon as we could and headed for the correct turn a little way back.  By the time we turned onto our road, things looked very different.  We knew we could have a problem.  The retreat center didn't have a sign.  We had mentally marked the turn by a post on the side of the road and a bus stop - which we could not see because of the fog.  (One of us had picked a blue building as a marker on the way out until we realized it was a tractor trailer! - It had moved while we were gone.)  Well, I started praying and thanking God for the great time we had that day.  I reiterated my trust in the Lord and complete confidence that He would get us back.  When I finally stopped my rambling prayer, Linda said "Lord, would you please remove the fog?".  You can probably figure out what happened next.  The fog lifted and we found our turn.

How many times do we ramble on and on when God is waiting for us to just ask for what we want or need?  Think about the words of James 4:2, "You don't have because you don't ask".

What do you need today?  Are you like me and you ramble on and on rather than just simply ask?  Or are you like Linda, who gets to the point and asks God for what she needs right then?

"Lord, would you please remove the fog?"

Comments

Anonymous said…
Marsha, hope you are feeling better. Give up lettuce! How much is cabbage? Glad you have a blog. I remember you and Tim daily in my prayers. Carolyn Graham

Popular Posts