Prayer Journaling - Specific Topics


Sunrise!  What a grand reminder that God has a purpose and plan for all that He created!

Prayer journaling needs to be personal and be specific for you!  Right now I'm focused on God's will for my life at this specific time.  I've left some blank pages in my prayer journal to continue writing attributes and names of God as I find them.  But, I decided to do something a bit different and I'm journaling pages on particular topics.  I've started with God's will because right now I'm working through a new mission statement for myself and I want to make sure it's centered on God's will for my life.  I've written Scriptures that speak to knowing God's will.  We all have had times in our lives when we struggled to know the next step for our lives, or what particular decision we needed to make. Romans 12:2 gives us confidence and peace in knowing that God has a particular plan and will for our life and we can actually know what it is.

"Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.  Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is - his good, pleasing and perfect will" (Romans 12:2).

That verse brings me peace every time I read it.  But, it also tells me knowing God's will is conditional on me allowing Him to transform my way of thinking.  If He can continue having the earth to spin so we see a sunrise every day, my mind should be something He can transform.  So, that's the verse I put first on my journaling for "God's will".  

What's on your heart today?  Is there something in particular you need prayer and Scripture for?  How about starting a journaling page for that particular topic and using the Scriptures you find to pray?  
Maybe you need a page for:
Physical healing
Financial needs
Relationships
Fear
Self-Control
Love (or lack of)
Work
A broken heart

Whatever it may be, if it's a burden on your heart, back that prayer request up with Scripture!  Start a page on that topic if it brings you comfort.

Don't forget dates!  They will become God's testimony in your life adventure with Him!

Hope you hang in here with me - we'll be moving to writing requests down soon!



Comments

Popular Posts