UNEXPECTED INTERRUPTIONS IN PRAYER OR REMINDERS?

UNEXPECTED!  This crow on the car in front of us in the Starbucks line was definitely unexpected!

Our days are filled with unexpected interruptions.  Often, our prayer time is as well.  But, based on my experience today I'm wondering if the interruptions were simply reminders of prayer needs.

I was praying for someone and low and behold I got a text from someone who included a photo of the person I was praying for at that moment!  That had to be a God-thing!

Some days I feel as thought my mind is all over the place.  Today I was praying for one person's health and mid-prayer my mind jumped to another person and before I knew it I had totally forgotten the first prayer.  When that happens, if time of day allows, I send a quick text to let the person whose name interrupted my prayer know I'm thinking of them and praying for them.  Often I find that something may be going on and that person needed an extra encouragement that day.

I admit it, my focus gets disrupted.  I have unexpected interruptions in prayer - but I'm thinking it doesn't hurt to look at them as reminders to pray rather than interruptions.  God will appreciate us responding to an interrupting nudge with prayer and won't mind if we add an additional prayer for someone in our time with Him.

Unexpected interruption or nudge to pray - you be the judge!  But, count the cost if you do nothing!  You can miss out on being the encouragement someone needs and you can miss out on praying for someone in need when God is working to do His will.  His nudge just means we get to join Him in prayer as He does the greater work.

Comments

Popular Posts