Another Day - Another Problem!


Here we are - Tuesday the week of Thanksgiving.  I'm trying to maintain a grateful spirit about all things!  The keyword is trying!  First, we are blessed to serve with an organization who pays us a stipend to be here - how cool is that!  They take care of our medical needs and provide us with furnished housing.  Now I am truly grateful, but I'm having a hard time getting the furnishing thing settled.  Tim moved in a living room set which we'll now be able to use and allow us to return the one we borrowed from a coworker.  He also switched out the washing machine so the owner would get the one I've been using back and so we would have one we could keep.

But, now the new problem.  The washing machine is used (which is ok but leads to the problem), I have no manual and the instructions on the machine are written in another language - unknown to me what it is!  I spent 1 hour and a half on the internet trying to locate a manual before I gave up.  I've added some photos of our new machine.

                          
It is a front loading machine with a pull out drawer to put the detergent, bleach and softener in. But, nothing tells me what goes in each of the 3 compartments, meaning which compartment is for the detergent, which is for the bleach and which is for the softener. HELLO!  I decided to go ahead and try a load.  Well, my first attempt was wrong, clearly wrong.  I think I put the softener where the bleach went and the detergent where the softener went.  So, I tried again.  Not sure if I was successful or not but it seemed to work better than the first time.  I am thankful - and grateful for a washing machine.  Now, if I can only figure out how to use it! (Maybe one day I'll show you how I dry clothes here!)

Comments

Cindy Hunter said…
I came home and studied my washing machine (also a front loader). The largest section was for detergent (it appears to have a bar that slides up and down depending on using liquid or powder), the smallest section was softener, and the section with a vent/filter on it was for bleach. Hard to tell in your picture if you have these sections too - but they look like you may. Good luck!
Anonymous said…
Can you post what the machine says? We might be able to puzzle it out or perhaps you get lucky and it's in German or French!

Popular Posts