Never Know What You'll Wake Up To!

Well, it's Saturday morning and I had moved to the sofa in the little office because Tim had a hard night (you ladies know what I mean).  Around 6:50 am, I heard this strange crackling noise.  First I thought it was people walking on the broken pavement on our drive since no one has been back in 4 weeks to repave what they took up.  But I quickly realized that wasn't it.  I got up and went to the window.  Outside was a big fire on the hill across from our apartment.  The fire was just beyond our little purple Kia Suma.  As it turned out, the lady who is responsible for keeping our street clean decided to burn the limbs and leaves rather than rake them up.  I woke Tim up and he thought it would be allright.  He was right - except that we've both been coughing like crazy from the smoke for the last 3 hours!  You just never know what you'll wake up to here!

Comments

Popular Posts