Power Off (AGAIN) So we get Creative!

Well, it happened again.  Unexpectedly, the power went out!  And as always, when we were in the middle of doing something we thought important.  We got home from church last night, fixed grilled cheese sandwiches (no fast food restaurants to stop by on the way home)  and then Tim started working on our monthly expense reports.  They are due today and he has a meeting downtown, so he had to work on them last night to get them done.  With all the travel we've had in the last 5 weeks, we have lots to file.  We pay upfront and then get reimbursed (hopefully) so we have to get them in or we're out the money.  When the power went out, Tim still had battery life on his computer, so he tried to keep working.  We got creative and I lit 2 candles.  He still needed more light so he was trying to figure out how to use a flashlight - then I remembered something my sister gave me.  I went to the camera bag and pulled out a flexible desk-size tripod my sister gave me.  We contorted the thing until it held a flashlight on Tim's work!  PTL.  Tim continued the work (until 1 am) and the power came back on a short while later (even before he was through).  Well, living here we find we often HAVE TO GET CREATIVE!

Comments

Anonymous said…
See all those years of being creative and crafty have come in handy. I'd still be in the dark (I think that's where I am now) haha Prayin for your creativity to continue

Popular Posts