Well it is Monday!

It's 4:00 p.m. and I feel like it's taken me hours to do every single task I've done today.  You know, it is Monday.  That means getting the house back in order, starting ministry for the week and doing the weekly shopping.  Hhmmm, but it is Monday in Ukraine!  

It takes so much longer to get anything done than in the states.  Even washing dishes takes longer and it seems like I'm constantly doing the dishes.  And, again today - no hot water - yea, it is Monday.  When someone in our apartment building has heating repairs needed, everyone loses hot water - at a minimum, everyone on the side of the building that needs repair.  Without warning, you turn the hot water nozzle and nothing happens - zilch!  So you make a decision to wash with cold, to heat up hot water or to let the dishes sit.  We have someone coming for dinner - so I couldn't let them sit.  Took 2 pots of hot water to get it done - but I did!

Tim was moving some things into our apartment from the Company apartment.  Did I mention the elevator wasn't working properly?  Oh well, it's Monday.  One of the guys helping him realized if he went downstairs he could ride the elevator up and then it would work to go down.  But, when it got downstairs there was not way to ring the buzzer on our floor and have it come back up for another load.

And grocery shopping - NOT!  Looks like I'll head to the Renick tomorrow and do what I can.  I'll probably find half of what I need and then wait until Tim gets home and can drive me in the car.  Why don't I head to the Renick today!  Why, it's Monday!  Many vendors take Mondays off - hope Tuesday is a little more productive.

Comments

Popular Posts